Bonnaroo organizers announced Friday that the Manchester, Tennessee, festival will take a break in 2027 after severe weather damaged recovery time at its 700-acre venue.
The decision follows another difficult weather-related weekend at The Farm. Heavy rain and lightning on the final day temporarily halted performances and prompted an evacuation of Centeroo, with attendees told to shelter away from stages and large structures.

Music resumed several hours later, but nearly a dozen sets were canceled. The disruption came after the 2025 festival was cut short following severe weather, leaving the property with limited time to recover between events.
Before the 2026 edition, organizers invested heavily in improving the grounds, including drainage work, new roadways and additional grass across 135 acres.

Those measures were intended to strengthen the site against severe weather, but another major storm tested the upgrades.
Organizers said the main venue now needs time to rest and recover. They described the 2027 pause as a difficult decision and said the break is intended to make Bonnaroo stronger when it returns.
No date has been confirmed for Bonnaroo’s next edition. The festival previously faced cancellations in 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic and in 2021 because of flooding linked to Hurricane Ida.
